From time to time I pass a freezer and saw a package tarte flambée, but really quite nasty are festivals where fresh tarte flambée is offered. Unfortunately conventional tarte flambée needs a lot of milk products (and bacon!).
Luckily we are imaginative and conjure in an half hour a vegan tarte flambée on the table! We replace the bacon with smoked tofu and wheat flour with spelt flour, which is well tolerated instead of wheat flour, but has gluten too. Red onion gives the tarte flambée a amazing aroma and tastes really good.
|250 g||spelt flour|
|140 ml||soy milk|
|1 Tbsp||olive oil|
|300 g||soy yogurt (natural)|
|1 tsp||paprika powder|
|100 g||smoked tofu|
- 1Knead the spelt flour, olive oil, soy milk and 1/2 of the salt into a smooth dough
- 2Mix the soy yogurt with paprika powder, thyme, pepper and the rest of the salt
- 3Cut the zucchini and smoked tofu into strips, the leek and onion into small rings
- 4Roll out dough onto a floured surface, spread 2/3 of the yogurt on the dough and top it with the vegetables and tofu
- 5Bake in preheated oven at 200 °C for 10 minutes
- 6Spread the remaining soy yogurt with a spoon loosely over the tarte flambée