Although we are no true pumpkin experts, but the Hokkaido pumpkin has us impressed very much! Our recipe has also been often used by others, even once fatally with ten times amount of ginger – but no problem: cooking even more soup and freeze it proportioned
The creamy pumpkin carrot ginger soup is delicious, slightly nutty and aromatic. Most nutrients are under the shell, you can cook it, whether green or orange. The hard shell will become very soft during cooking!
If there is just no Hokkaido pumpkin, you can also take the sort Mandarin.
|1 kg||red kuri squash|
|800 ml||vegetable broth|
|200 ml||soy cream|
|1 Tbsp||curry powder|
|1 Tbsp||coconut oil|
- 1Hokkaido pumpkin in organic quality does not have to be peeled. Wash well and cut away unsightly places, quarters, remove seeds and cut into ~2 cm cubes
- 2Peel carrots, onion and ginger. Chop carrots in ~2 cm sized pieces. Chop the onion and ginger into small cubes
- 3Heat coconut oil in a pot and sauté onion in it
- 4Give ginger, pumpkin and carrots in the pot and sauté for 2 minutes
- 5Deglaze with vegetable broth and stir in curry. Simmer for 20 minutes until the vegetables are cooked
- 6Give Soya Cuisine into it and blend well