We love to nibble on sweets, but are cautious about the amount of sugar included, so we like turning to scones. Those only need a relatively small amount of sugar and we always have all the ingredients with us.
Today, I wanted to create a new type of scones for the upcoming week. In the past days, we already had some with coconut flakes and orange zest. You were hardly able to taste the coconut flakes, unless you bit on some. Today, I left out the sprinkles, and instead added amaretto to the dough: and voila, the vegan scones with chocolate, orange and amaretto were created. Not only is the subtle amaretto aroma convincing, the not too sweet taste is wonderful
If you like, you can substitute real amaretto with amaretto syrup, such as this one: Monin amaretto ayrup. In our bottle rack at home, we keep a total of 12 bottles of different types of Monin syrup
|2 tsp||baking powder|
|½ tsp||baking soda|
|30 g||coconut oil|
|150 ml||coconut milk|
|50 g||chocolate cubes|
- 1Wash the orange thoroughly and grate the zest
- 2Mix everything except for coconut oil, coconut milk and amaretto.
- 3Melt and add coconut oil
- 4Add amaretto and coconut milk and knead until the dough is smooth
- 5Let the dough sit in your fridge for 15 minutes
- 6Put your dough, that is approx. 1-2 cm thick, on a floury surface and cut out the scones with a regular glas (approx. 6 cm diameter)
- 7Put the cut out scones onto a baking rack covered with baking sheets and let it sit for another 5 minutes
- 8Preheat your oven and bake for ~10 minutes at 225°C top and bottom heating